Thursday 7 January 2010

After a recent 8 week basic photography course we went on a bushwalk to a local bushland area that I would never normally have ventured into.

At first I saw only fallen branches, dead twigs, no life. But we were here to concentrate on composition and very soon I started absorbing the light and shade, single elements, texture, frames, single leaves. I did not want to disturb this virgin bushland. It was rugged, dry, but beautiful in its own right.







The rich hues and textures of our bushland. The bark on this tree reminds me of Arnhem Land in Central Australia. I love the variations on colour here.



Grasses in a corridor of rocks















A small window frame leads you deeper into the dense forest where only native inhabitants can tread.







I am still fascinated by the grandeur of the grass trees, so prevalant in our native bushlands. At Rossgole they stood tall and proud and seem somewhat foreigners even tho' they are unique to Australia.





I couldn't help thinking this looked like a watchful eye... making sure we didn't leave our stained footprints on this rustic setting.







More window frames


















One beautiful gum tree



















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how striking, Chel - SUCH a contrast with my own woodland across the road, especially at the moment, when it is a snowy fairyland You have captured forms and textures wonderfully well.
Going back for another look - you could print and frame some of these...they are striking.

Lisa Hill, ANZ LitLovers said...

Beautiful photos, Chele, your talent for art expresses itself in so many ways!

Britt-Arnhild said...

Great photos Chel. I would love to go with you on that photo course :-)